HISTORY

The Hongisto business was started in 1941 by Elmer Hongisto and carried the Internationl truck and Farmall farm equipment and the Hudson cars. The original building is now the Hong Kong Restaurant at 616 Sunnyside Drive in Cloquet. In 1958, needing more room, Hongisto’s moved north of town to 268 Hwy 33 North, a 20 acre spot with 660 ft of frontage.

On June 1st, 2015, Hongisto’s gained new owners!